Wednesday, November 5, 2008

an empty heart with a full mind

The music that we listen to is a definite indication of our mood at the current time and place. So I suppose listening to upbeat happy music would make it that I'm in that type of mood when really I find myself listening to that music just to escape the hurt I've been taking from someone I thought was supposed to mean something to me. I mean he does mean something to me, and he did. And it just hurts to know that's its over. Its like as much as it upsets me, he doesn't give a fuck about it at all. He lives his life all normal without a single care or impact on how much he hurt me. The one boy in my life, I actually decided was worth the trust turned out to not even be worth a single dime. "Boys like you are a dime a dozen" ain't that the truth.

On a happier note, and I mean completely happier note. I've finally found a gorgeous house that Elisha and I can settle down in. The house is a 4 bedroom townhouse situated in downtown Ottawa. Its absolutely gorgeous. We've found two other girls to live with us, and although we haven't met them yet, they seem like amazing girls and I'm so stoked to live with them. So more about this house... Its friggan the most beautiful thing I've seen ever. If you think about it rent is 1400.00 a month. Split between the four of us its 350.00 each. WOW! That already includes all the utilities and because its a townhouse it has its own washer and dryer and everything. I've never been more stoked to get out of Hamilton, as I am right now.

The moving process is going to be amazing and we're looking to move around the end of April/beginning of May. I couldn't be more stoked. The 5 hour drive, the beautiful scenery along the way and of course having my best friend next to me through this entire thing. I can't wait. Being 5 hours away from the bad memories, leaving behind a life of fake smiles, a life of lies and deception, I can finally be me. I can finally be the person I've always wanted to be. I don't care who are you, you are not standing in the way of me and my dreams.

I've had many dreams in the past. Many dreams that have come and gone, and many dreams I let go of for him. Not that he'll ever read this but - now I can follow my heart and be somewhere that I can be my creative self. I sound so repetitive and I just can't help it. I'm so happy.

I know that leaving behind my job, my friends and my family is going to be really tough but its something that I feel its time to do. Its time to get on with my life and its time to be somewhere new. That is what I want - somewhere new. A change in environment, a change in scenery, a change in a way of life. I want to be somewhere fast paced yet safe. Somewhere that doesn't care what I've done in my past and somewhere I'm not going to be judged for being who I am.

Its amazing how after I thought I found the man I was supposed to be with, after he hurt me, I find out that my life is finally falling into place - without him by my side. Imagine thinking that I was planning on spending every waking moment with this one boy. Imagine thinking that you had your heart set on this one person and it was only supposed to be him and for the rest of my life. I couldn't be more thrilled to know that there is so much more out there for me than that. There is so much more out there than hurt, and fighting and deception.

And I'm glad I've finally learned, that I deserve so much better than that.

No comments: